Current cases as of 25th November at 17:00:
- First Year: 3 confirmed cases (positive PCR test)
- Second Year: 0 confirmed cases (positive PCR test)
- Third Year: 1 confirmed cases (positive PCR test)
- Fourth Year: 2 confirmed cases (positive PCR test)
- Fifth Year: 1 confirmed cases (positive PCR test)
- Lower Sixth: 1 confirmed cases (positive PCR test)
- Upper Sixth: 0 confirmed cases (positive PCR test)
What to do…
- If your child’s LFT is positive, please do not send them to school – seek a PCR test for them and they need to self-isolate.
- If your child is symptomatic, please do not send them to school – seek a PCR test for them and they need to self-isolate.
- When you receive your child’s PCR result and in both cases above, please email your child’s Head of Year, Student Services and the Health Centre, including their return date and if they're well enough to be taught online.
- If your child has been identified as a close contact through NHS Track & Trace – seek a PCR test and if they are asymptomatic, they should come to school as normal.
- If your child has had COVID in the past 90 days but develops new symptoms following their initial isolation period - seek a PCR test for them and they need to self-isolate.
When to seek a repeat PCR :
- Individuals who have a positive LFT but go on to have a negative, inconclusive or void PCR are advised to continue isolating and seek a repeat PCR.
- Individuals who are symptomatic with a negative LFT and receive a void or inconclusive PCR are to continue isolating and seek a repeat PCR.
- Individuals who are a close contact, asymptomatic, with a negative LFT and receive a void or inconclusive PCR are to seek a repeat PCR and continue coming to school as normal.
- A high temperature
- A loss or change to sense of taste and/or smell
- A new, continuous cough
Regular Home Testing
All students are encouraged to participate in twice-weekly testing. We recommend tests are taken either before school on Mondays and Thursdays or, alternatively, on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. Up to one third of people who have coronavirus are asymptomatic. By testing we help to reduce the spread in school and college settings through asymptomatic transmission.
If your child has had COVID, the NHS do not recommend testing for 90 days from the date of the positive PCR. Should your child develop symptoms during this period, a PCR test must be arranged.
All results should be submitted to both the NHS and St George’s;
- To submit a result to the NHS: Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- To submit a result to St George’s: COVID Testing - Home Testing Result Register Form (office.com)
- All results should be submitted, even if your child’s result is negative or void.
NHS Covid-19 vaccine programme for 12-15 years:
Please send any related queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child has contracted covid-19 since consenting for the vaccine:
Please email the vaccination team with your child’s name, date of birth and when they had a positive LFT or PCR.
College Health Centre
The College Health Centre can be reached at: CollegeHealthCentre@stgeorgesweybridge.com
We are pleased to remind our families that we have a COVID-19 LFT Recycling Point at both the College and the Junior School. Simply follow the below steps to recycle your tests:
- After taking your test, gather up all components (including the swab, test cassette, wrappers and plastic waste) into the zip lock waste bag (provided in your home test kit), squeeze out any excess air and seal the bag;
- Drop the zip lock bag and its contents into the PPE recycle bin (locations below) on passing;
- That’s it? Simple!
Disposable face masks can also be recycled in these bins.
Please only use the PPE recycle points to dispose of the aforementioned items. Any wastage that can be, should be recycled elsewhere. This includes the cardboard test kit box and paper instruction leaflet which can be disposed of via our existing recycle points.
PPE Recycle Point Locations:
Junior School: in the front car park under the covered bike rack stored next to the Nursery wall of the Zebras classroom
College: in the White House Reception Foyer
Should anybody wish to read more about the company and how the LFD tests will be recycled, please see here.